If it Matters, Measure It
At WaitWell, we always say, “If it matters, measure it.” Consistent measurement of performance related to a goal helps the team stay focused. It also helps administration understand what processes need to be altered to support transformational change.
Why do Service Analytics matter?
It has never been more important to understand service operations. Front line service staff are under enormous pressure and employees are reporting burnout at record rates. This leads to staff turnover and labour shortages that pressure organizations to keep doing more with fewer resources.
On top of this, customer expectations are higher than ever. HubSpot’s 2022 State of Service Report reveals that 90% of leaders report that customer expectations have increased to an all-time high.
Service Analytics help us to answer three key questions:
- How can we make work better for front-counter service staff?
- How can organizations be more efficient with limited resources?
- How can we deliver a customer experience that consistently meets or exceeds expectations?
Making work better for front-counter service staff
Customer-facing roles come with a lot of stress. Crowded waiting rooms, frustrated customers and lack of training can all add to the stress. WaitWell’s service analytics can support administration in reducing staff stress levels in a few key ways.
- Manage staffing. Organizations have little control over the number of staff they can hire due to budget or labour shortages. WaitWell helps identify peak demand times so administration can plan accordingly with staffing numbers.
- Scaffold training. In most service environments, service staff are expected to deliver many different types of services. It can be overwhelming for staff to try to learn all the services in the first weeks of training. WaitWell allows agents to see what service clients are requesting before calling the client for service. This gives new staff the chance to master one or two services before moving onto more complex services, increasing the chances that the new employee will be successful during the training period.
- Feedback and Praise. WaitWell can collect ratings and reviews from customers by sending an automated text after service inviting them to leave feedback in just two clicks. Unlike generic review sites like Google, these ratings and reviews are directly linked to service tickets. This means that administrators get actionable insights into the customer perception of specific service providers. In our experience, there is often a lot of positive feedback to be shared with staff members. It can really make an employee’s day to learn that a customer took the time to share how much they appreciated a service provider’s patience and competence.
- Identify training needs. Understanding service time trends can illuminate areas where individual service providers require additional training. For example, if we see that one agent can complete a Driver Abstract service in 8.5 minutes while another agent takes 10 minutes for the same service, a site supervisor may choose to observe what the agents are doing differently. Perhaps the techniques that the first agent is using could be taught to the second agent so that both agents can complete the service in 8.5 minutes. Over the course of a year, this could add up to a huge gain in efficiency and shorter wait times for customers.
How do we do more with the resources we have?
- Respond in real time. WaitWell’s real-time dashboard allows supervisors to see service operation across multiple locations and even regions as they unfold. This allows administration to make on-the-fly decisions to redeploy staff, close queues or communicate with customers in real time in order to achieve load balancing.
- Identify balk rate. Without a virtual queue in place, organizations lack insight into actual demand. They know how many customers were served, but they don’t know how many customers they could have served if staffing was optimized for the demand that day.
- Understand demand across organization. WaitWell delivers powerful insights into wait times, balk rates and service times for individual locations, across multiple locations and even at a regional or national level. Our enterprise customers who have dozens or even hundreds of locations appreciate the ability to see service operations in real time and to spot trends over time.
- Optimize for efficiency. Understanding service time trends helps organizations to reduce average service times. When service times are reduced, organizations are able to serve more customers with fewer staff and customer wait times are reduced. WaitWell’s service time reports are filterable by date, date range, location, service provider and service type.
How do we consistently meet and exceed customer service expectations?
- Right person, right place, right time. One of the easiest ways to make a customer happy is to solve their problem correctly, the first time. WaitWell helps organizations to achieve this by collecting information from the customer about their service request and then routing it to the service provider who is best able to help.
- Know your customer. Every service interaction starts off on the right foot when the service provider already knows a little about the service request before service starts. With WaitWell, agents know if the customer is new or returning and what service they are requesting before they even call the customer for service.
- Prepare customer for service. Organizations can configure a workflow that informs customers in line about what to expect and how to prepare for service. This means that there are no surprises when they reach the front counter. WaitWell’s digital intake forms make it easy to collect as much information as you want from customers before they are called for service. WaitWell’s digital intake forms make it easy to collect as much information from customers as you want before they are called to the counter. WaitWell can even request document or photo attachments while the customer is in the virtual queue.
- Make feedback actionable. Customers have unique points of view about their customer journey and experiences. We can use this viewpoint to inform and improve our service delivery processes. The trick is to make the feedback actionable, by spotting trends in the feedback/reviews about service types, service providers or locations.
At our core, WaitWell is a service organization. Our product was inspired by the needs of service organizations. We know that in order to make service operations better, organizations require deep insights into wait times, service times, no-show rates, balk rates and ticket volume trends. WaitWell makes it simple for organizations to glean these insights.
Are you interested to know how WaitWell can deliver powerful data analytics about your service operations?
Reach out today to set up an introductory chat.